We’ve discovered a whole new way of accounting. In our last Next Wave newsletter we discussed the benefits of Cloud Accounting. Now we’d like to introduce you to the front runner in Cloud Accounting Software.
Xero is an easy to use but powerful online accounting system that’s designed specifically for small to medium business. We believe in offering you solutions that are suitable and cost-effective. Xero is that solution. A few of the major benefits to you:
1. Run your business and access your accounts anywhere, anytime.
Xero is a web-based accounting system which means you can work where you want, when you want with 24/7 access from any internet connection in the world – PC, laptop, Mac and even a smartphone. You can manage your business from work, home or on the go. Xero gives you easy access to your bank transactions, invoices, reports, even your GST.
2. Invite others to view your accounts and provide valuable real-time advice.
With your permission, you the client and we your advisors can collaborate online. No need to send large out-of-date files back and forth, or for either party to upgrade software to be compatible with the other. With Xero you can choose to invite us to work with you online – in real time. No more cumbersome transfer of data that can be corrupted.
3. Your data is completely secure.
Xero is an online accounting system where your important financial data is stored securely in one central place – meaning there is only one version of your data file. This method of storing data means that even if your computer is lost, stolen or corrupted by viruses, your data is safe & secure. There’s no need to recreate your accounting records from scratch as they are still securely sitting in the “cloud”, waiting for you to access.
While the above are important considerations, Xero also offers you more.
- No need to buy and install expensive software on your computer – Xero is accessed via internet connection and therefore takes up no space on your hardrive.
- No more software upgrades – this is taken care of for you. Upgrades are undertaken overnight so the next time you login the upgrades are ready for you to use.
- No more of our time and your money wasted on transferring your accounting software to ours.
- 24/7 online help and training videos to help you solve issues you may be experiencing.
- At a glance, Xero’s dashboard gives you a summary of all your bank accounts’ details and balances; visibility of how much money you have coming in and going out; and the ability to drill down to see transaction details.
- Xero’s intuitive invoice entry means you can enter your invoices quickly and efficiently, whether you are creating an invoice for one or many items. You can create a schedule to automatically generate invoices on a regular basis, saving you the time and hassle of entering the invoice manually each month. You can email formatted invoices directly to customers from within Xero and you can choose to email a copy to yourself.
- Xero has made bank reconciliation easy and fun. You can automatically import your bank statements into Xero daily, so you don’t waste time downloading and uploading bank files manually. And your financial information is as up-to-date as it gets.
- Xero lets you track where your money is going and why. You can see all your outstanding invoices at a glance; set up repeating payables invoices for regular suppliers; approve shared workflows to relieve the business owner; enter receipts for your expense claims as you collect them, or all in one go.
Talk to us about how Xero can help you.